Vienna, April 2019: So far, Germany has pledged an amount of 1.24 million US Dollars to the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) as voluntary contributions for five projects in 2019. With this amount, different measures will be financed in the fields of:
- Support of the Review Mechanism for the implementation of the UN Convention against Transnational Organized Crime
- Implementation of the operational recommendations of the General Assembly Special Session on the world drug problem (UNGASS) in Africa
- Preventing and responding to violence against children recruited and exploited by terrorist and violent extremist groups in Central Asia
- Strengthening the criminal justice measures in Lebanon against the potential recruitment and infiltration of terrorist militants among the refugee population
- Support of the Container Control Programme in South Eastern Europe.
Fantastic news: 🇩🇪pledges 1,24 m$ for @UNODC's important work.
Largest part: for the prevention of VIOLENCE against CHILDREN 👧🏽&👦🏻in central Asia #BreakTheSilence @YuryFedotov @UNICEF @SRSGVAC @GermanyUN @GERMANYonUN @GERonAsia https://t.co/VwzfMvExQg— Germany UN Vienna (@GermanyUNVienna) 29. April 2019